Gads, I haven’t done a meme in ages, so thought I’d yoink this one from mummm and give it a go. Nice to see some different questions on one of these, for a change!
I did once upon a time, but not in my current “place of employment”. I assume that my husband and daughter know who I am. 😀
2. What kind of car do you drive?
3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell?
Never eaten there.
4. Have you ever had a garage sale?
No, nor will I ever.
5. What color is your iPod?
Don’t have one. Does that make me really, really uncool?
6. What kind of dog do you have?
Don’t have one of those, either. Nor a cat. Nor any other kind of pet. We had a cat several years ago, but had to find a new home for her because of allergies.
7. What’s for dinner tonight?
Richard’s at work, and Stephanie and I just eat whatever we feel like, whenever we feel like it, when he’s not here. Stephanie will make herself something vegan for sure, and I’ll likely have leftover chili.
8. What is the last alcoholic beverage you had?
Egg nog with a generous dash of Butter Ripple Schnapps. Mmmmmm! 🙂
9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone?
Forgot to top up the pay as you go plan on time, and lost unused minutes. I hardly ever use the thing and only have one because it was a free gift.
10. Last time you were sick?
I guess that you could say that I’m never not sick, thanks to the CFS and Fibro. But on the plus side, having an immune system in constant overdrive means that I very rarely pick up viruses now. I can’t remember when I last had a cold or whatever, so I’ll say that my last illness was the infection after a tooth extraction in April. Won’t forget that in a hurry!
11. How long is your hair?
Short, pixie-ish cut. Or at least it will be again after I go for a trim some time in the next week.
12. Are you happy right now?
Mostly, yes indeed. The moods swing all over the place because of the illnesses, and I do have some really low days. But that’s a specific symptom, not an indication of where I’m really at in my head and heart. When I’m having a better day health-wise, I’m on top of the world. 🙂
13. What did you say last?
“See you later,” as Stephanie wandered off to her lair upstairs.
14. Who came over last night?
15. Do you drink beer?
Never, hate the stuff. Blech.
16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted?
Not that I can recall, but other people have. It would explain a lot if it were true, but it isn’t.
17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys?
I only have one key chain on there, and it’s one that I’ve had pretty much forever. It’s a tag with my name engraved on it, and was a gift when I was 21 or so.
18. What was the last movie you watched at home?
We watched both Miss Potter and Notes on a Scandal Saturday night.
19. What is in your pocket?
I’m not wearing any pockets just at the moment. 🙂
20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook?
21. Where do you hurt?
I always have general aches, but today is a pretty good day thus far. My feet and knees are a tad snarly after many trips up and down stairs while doing laundry, but they’ll get over it.
22. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear?
23. What DVD is in your DVD player?
None at the moment.
24. What’s something fun you did today?
Nothing yet, but I have the whole evening ahead of me. 🙂
25. Who was the principal of your high school?
26. Has your house ever been TP’d?
No, but it did get egged once. 😦
27. What do you think of when you hear the word “meow”?
Um, a cat? Duh! 🙂
28. What are you listening to right now?
The quiet hum of the computer, and the lovely sound of the furnace doing its thing on this cold, snowy day.
30. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart?
I loathe and despise Wal-mart. On the rare occasions when I’m there, it’s in and out as fast as I can get in and out. But if I had to stop for a browse somewhere, it would be in the stationery aisle. It’s a harmless addiction, really. 🙂
32. When is your birthday?
33. What’s the area code for your cell phone?
34. Where did you buy the shirt you’re wearing ?
35. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror?
The parking permit for my husband’s workplace.
36. How many states in the US have you been to?
Just North Dakota, right across the border from us, and only once for a shopping weekend with my former in-laws.
38. What are you going to do after this?
Put the last load of clothes in the dryer and then heat up the chili for supper.
39. Who was the last person you went shopping with?
Miss Stephanie. 🙂
40. What is your favorite fruit?
41. What about your favorite dessert?
Hmm. It’s a toss up between cheese cake with a raspberry topping, and a truly decadent chocolate confection from Boston Pizza. I can’t remember what they call it, but it’s a chocolate cake base filled with chocolate mousse, bits of cheese cake, chopped pecans, and pockets of caramel, topped with chocolate ganache. So rich and sinful that three of us happily share one serving.
42. What is something you need to go shopping for?
Need? Nothing, really. The grocery shopping is done for the next week and I think I’ve pretty much finished the Christmas shopping. Oh don’t throw daggers – my Christmas shopping list is pretty short, so getting it done isn’t a huge accomplishment. Honest! 🙂
43. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives?
Yes, I was named after my two grandmothers.
44. What kind of car do your siblings drive?
Um, I don’t know what all of them drive. We’re not a close family, unfortunately, so it has been a long time since I’ve seen some of my younger siblings. The sister next in line after me drives a Ford Explorer, and the youngest sister drove a mini van last time I saw her. I’ll guess that my brother, the baby of the family, drives a shiny, new half-ton truck, as that’s his habit. But I don’t have a clue about the middle one of the three sisters.
45. Do you like pickles?
Yes, many kinds. But I’m not overly fond of sweet pickles, except for pickled beets.
46. How about olives?
Love ’em, in every colour they come in. But basic black and Kalamata are my favourites. I’m a fan of olive oil, too.
47. What is your favorite kind of gum?
I don’t chew gum anymore, but my favourite used to be Trident peppermint.
48. What is your favorite kind of juice?
49. Do you have any tan lines?
They’ve pretty much faded away now, but there were light ones on my arms, legs, and feet at the end of summer. I’m a natural auburn-headed creature, with very fair skin, so I don’t tan terribly well.
50. What hospital were you born in?
Fox Memorial Hospital, Carberry, Manitoba
51. Do you remember the name of your kindergarten teacher?
Mrs. Ham, but I only spent a little while in her class before they moved me ahead to Grade One. Which I only partially completed before being bumped ahead into Grade Two. And that answers someone’s question about how I managed to be a fully-qualified nurse at the tender age of 18. The bumping ahead in the early years made me younger than the norm when I finished high school, and entered nursing school. Just in case anyone else was wondering, too. 🙂