Rel tagged me to do this meme a week or two ago, and I finally got around to it.
Things That Scare Me
2. Enclosed spaces – I’m very, very claustrophobic
3. Snakes – shudder
People who make me laugh
1. My husband
2. My daughter
3. My favourite cousin
Things I love
1. My family and friends
Things I hate
2. Those who firmly believe that “different” and “wrong” are synonyms 😦
3. Extreme heat and humidity
Things I don’t understand
2. Deadbeat parents.
3. The appeal of Scientology
Things on my desk
1. A Valentine card and presents for Richard, which are going to be signed/wrapped after I finish this meme. He doesn’t use the computer, so I can reveal that he’s getting some of his favourite chocolates from his nearest and dearest. Edible gifts are always his favourite.
2. The usual heap of paper and envelopes, which builds up every few days
3. Lots of notes to myself – very, very essential, you know!
Things I’m doing right now
1. Um, the obvious, as in typing
2. Listening to a classical radio station, playing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata right now – a very gentle way to wake up. 🙂
3. Sipping coffee when I pause to think about an answer
Three things I want to do before I die
1. A very, very lengthy tour of the UK – it’ll take awhile to hit all of the historical sites that interest me, you know, and I want to see ’em all, properly. Not just whiz past/through, but really see them.
2. Live to a grand old age with most of my marbles intact. And bore all of my descendents rigid with my tales of “I remember when”.
3. See Stephanie fulfill lots of her dreams.
Things I can do.
1. Beat most people I know at Trivial Pursuit. Don’t know if having a head full of useless trivia is anything to brag about, though!
2. Clearly remember back to before I was two years old … even though I might not remember what I did yesterday. 😉
3. Many different kinds of needlework.
Things you want to listen to
1. The sounds of nature
2. the voices of my loved ones
3. my own inner voice
Things you should never listen to
1. Those who dwell only on the negative in every situation
2. Really loud noises of any kind – they jangle my nerves something awful
3. People who tell me how to think, feel, etc.
Things I would like to learn
1. Latin, plus brush up my French so that it’s usable again
3. Immunity from criticism, negativism, and unwarranted guilt
1. Salads of any kind
3. Almost any kind of fish or seafood. But not calamari or octopus. I don’t do tentacles.
1. Iced tea
2. Coffee, especially lattes – no sugar, thanks, no matter how strong it is.
3. Just about any tropical, fruity rum concoction
TV shows I watched as a kid
1. The Waltons
3. Bugs Bunny
Books I read as a kid
People I would like to tag:
Anyone who wants to give this a go.