Desiree tagged me for this one, so I’ll get at it without further delay. A frustrated invalid, hobbling around on a broken bone is not one you want to cross. 🙂
7 things I plan to do before I die:
1) grow old gracefully.
2) have garlic declared a deadly poison and banned from the face of the earth. 😉
3) find a pen for left-handed me that never smudges. Not ever. Not under any circumstances.
4) hear Beethoven’s 7th Symphony performed live.
5) smell sea air/be lulled to sleep by the sound of ocean waves.
6) tread the ground upon which my ancestors trod in foreign lands
7) get a university degree with a major in History , minor in English Literature… just because I want to.
7 things I can do:
1) touch the tip of my nose with my tongue (one of life’s most useful skills, for sure).
2) create endless delicious scrummy dishes sans garlic (despite popular opinion, garlic is not essential to gastronomic delight, thank you).
3) beat most people I know at Trivial Pursuit (can’t remember my name some days, but I always retain useless trivia).
4) grow flowers and vegetables well, no matter what the soil and weather conditions. It’s just instinct, passed on from generations of green thumbs before me.
5) clearly remember being less than two years old.
6) write a 20 page letter
7) spell well … and I have the spelling contest awards from my school days to prove it. 🙂
7 things I cannot do:
1) eat garlic.
2) public speaking … unless my life depends on it, a massive amount of money is involved, or I’m very heavily medicated!
3) walk away from an unfinished crossword puzzle.
4) give up on anything I’m trying to learn/do until I’ve mastered it/beaten it into submission.
5) climb a ladder – vertigo sets in at three feet off the ground.
6) play a musical instrument properly. I can pick out a tune by ear on a piano, but that doesn’t count, really.
7) hide what I’m feeling – it’s always written all over my face.
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex/another person:
1) Eyes. Don’t care what colour they are, but if they sparkle, I’m putty.
2) Smile. The whole face kind of smile, not just upturned corners of the mouth.
3) Sense of humour, as in can both laugh at themselves and make me double over, holding my sides.
6) Sensitivity, a thoughtful nature, and an appreciation for the little things that really matter.
7) A certain kind of gait. Don’t know how to describe it exactly, but I knows it when I sees it! Those with it generally have a certain, heart-stopping, definition to the thigh muscle … as seen through a nicely fitting pair of jeans or trousers. Ahem.
7 things that I say most often:
1) Just a second/hang on a sec/in a second/in a minute/just give me a minute/etc.
2) Whoa, let me wake up, ok? (It‘s pointless to start prattling at me the second my eyes open, especially if you‘ve jolted me out of a deep sleep.)
3) Some point in the next decade would be preferable. (Yes, I use sarcasm liberally.)
4) You’re eighteen now, so …
5) It is NOT cold in here.
6) Eh? (I’m Canadian, you know!)
7) Love ya.
7 celebrity crushes:
1) Sean Bean
2) Johnny Depp
3) Brian May
4) Ralph Fiennes
5) Jeremy Irons (those eyes!)
6) Liam Neeson
7) Alan Shearer
7 people I want to do this:
I don’t mind these things in the least, but I know that many do. So, I won’t bother and annoy by tagging anyone myself. However, if you do want to give it a go, you know the drill. Copy and paste to your blog, replace my answers with yours, blah blah blah. Oh, and let me know if you did it as I’m the nosy sort and want to see what you had to say!